Friday, March 6, 2009

Here it is again yet it stings like the first time.



I'm like two days away from leaving to India. And for those of you who still don't know, I'm going to Manipal to do medicine. ( I feel funny saying it la, I'm probably just not used to it, I think.)



I'm going to be dissecting bodies from now onwards and my blog is going to be filled with pictures of visceral organs and cadavers and I'll probably have a viewer's discretion sign on the top of the page. Wtf la. God forbid. I promise you that my blog will be safe to read while eating and even if not, I'll warn you guys first.



On a different note, I'm feeling pretty sad about leaving. There's so much at home that I'm going to miss. And if I could fit everything in a suitcase, I would bring it all with me. But all that can come along with me are the only small pieces of the entire puzzle. Sigh.



It just hit me suddenly, when I had to choose what Maggi flavour I wanted and when I was buying three-in-one sachets of Milo and Nescafe. It was just like before I left to Subang, but this is not the
four-hour-ride-away-from-home anymore. This is waayy different.



Everybody is telling me that time will fly by and before I know it, I'll be home again. I want to believe them badly but I know that I'm going to miss out on soo many things in this two and the half years period. There will be family reunions, birthdays, engagements and weddings that I'll be missing on.
And I swear I'll cry if my baby cousin doesn't recognise me anymore after six months.



I've been trying to eat all my favourite food here and I just don't think I can have all that I want before I leave. I was trying to memorise the taste of laksa the other day and my sister started laughing at me. I know I probably sound pathetic but I've to live for six months without having all my comfort Malaysian food.



Before I leave, I'm going to memorise every single detail of my home and my room, till every single small mark and the absolute slightest detail is vivid in my memory. And I'll make sure it never does fade away, even the scent of my room and the sound of my dad's lamb chop sizzling on the pan.



This is only the small part of how I'm feeling now and I know it's going to get worse during the last few minutes when I'm leaving all the familiar faces to somewhere far and different and maybe even evil.


Sob sob.

No comments: