Thursday, August 7, 2008

It's ih-RAHN-ean lah.


I feel like I just got a TER of 99.9.



According to Charles Harrington Elster, who is probably America’s foremost pronunciation expert, in a brand-new edition of his “Big Book of Beastly Mispronunciations,” he mentions, “I recommend ih-RAHN-ean for a global usage, but ih-RAYN-ean could be acceptable in certain societies."



See. See. See. Ih-RAHN-ean for a GLOBAL usage. I knew I was right.



I know you're not wrong either but we speak GLOBAL man. GLOBAL.



For those who think I've gone nuts, I had this argument with someone on the way to pronounce Iranian. Well, it wasn't exactly an argument.



Me : There's is hot Ih-RAHN-ean guy at college called Peter.

Him : It's Ih-RAYN-ean not Ih-RAHN-ean lah.

Me : (too interested in the hot guy to bother) Alah. Whatever. He's damn hot la, wei.



But my dear, although I seemed like I didn't care about it then, I'm too much a perfectionist to let it go just like that.



And now, I feel like a fucking millionaire cause I was right, or at least, more right than you were.



I'm soo going to get myself a Caramel Frap from Starbucks to celebrate.

No comments: