Monday, December 17, 2007

Of the Ah-Beng and Ah-Lian blogs




What is their problem, tell me?


I have the least idea of what's going through their minds and I don't know what is their damn problem. Why do they even blog, tell me?


To show off? But what is it do they have in their blogs that people would want to read?


Nothing, I tell you, nothing.



They tend to post the most stupid things with their so-called Ing-ge-lish.



Today ar I very the sien. I listen to the iTunes and clicking my mousie again and again and surfing the net also cannot see nice nice thing wan.


Haiya I vely lazy leh. Lazy to blog aledi. Got no inspilation wan liao.


I lovE MusiX Very mUch And No bOdy caN stop Me to Love It... eSpeciaLLy EngLish SOng... I AlSo Like tO BikE My SouLMate SkuTEr.


Get it? I don't.


(Blogger's note: If you're actually feeling threatened by what I've already said about these ah-beng and ah-lian bloggers, then don't read on because there's more to come.)


It is like a trend for them to post these kind of things especially the one with the alternating capital letters. I wonder how people actually even read stuff like that.


And they just love to say things like:


Haiz.


Sobx.


Muackz.


Lolx.


What is it with the letter 'x' and 'z' at the end of almost every word?



And have you noticed the new words these people come up with nowadays?


Fugly.


Shizz.


Gaawh.


Rawrrh.


I'd be glad if someone actually cared to tell me what these words mean.


It's either that I'm an extremely inexperienced blogger and these are the trends nowadays and I'm missing out on the coolest way of blogging.


Or that I'm actually normal and these people are the abnormal ones because the word fugly and haiz is non-existent.



What if I tell you that what you've seen is just a quarter of the real thing?


If you flinched, you're just like me. Normal, I think, I hope.


If their school teacher actually reads their blog filled with terrible, horrendous Ing-ge-lish like that, they'll will certainly get a huge tight slap right across their faces. Something that my mum would definitely do.



And check this one out:


Like, oh my god. You won't believe what just happened. A guy, like, totally made a move on me! He was like, totally ewww. I was, like, just sitting there all coolly and nicely and he was like, "Hey, can I like buy you a drink?" and I was like "Wateva." I didn't accept the drink la, of course but can you believe it? Lolx. Too bad he was, like real, fugly and not a hottie. Sobx.


Do you feel for her? She makes her blog sound like she's talking to one of her girlfriends.


I'm like, so pissed with my boyfriend. I think he's so, cheating on me. Can you believe it? Guys are like the, totally weirdest creatures on earth. ( I swear copied it directly from an unknown person's blog before any of you call me names.) Is my bf, like gone mad or something? I can't believe he is like, so rude to me. Like, what the heck? I'm, like, his sweetie, for the god's sake.



Tell me again, that I'm the normal one here.


It's not only about their Ing-ge-lish, it is also about the way they like to post shameless cam-whoring pictures of themselves, with the 'peace' sign, pouting their lips and doing the weirdest pose you've ever seen.


Really ah-beng/ah-lian, I tell you.


But what rights have I got to say about them. They are accepted in their own society and people still do read their blogs just like what I did in the past hour.


But what I did is not counted though, I was doing some research in order to become more experienced in blogging when I actually found a whole string of such bloggers.


And the funniest thing is they are all linked to each other, the tags in their chatbox are also extremely ah-beng/ah-lien -ish and almost all their posts sounds alike in an ah-beng/ah-lien way.


Fascinating, don't you think?



Well, what I actually wanted to blog about in the first place before I got so carried away was that I wouldn't be able to blog for the next whole week or so.


And, wait, it's not because I got no inspilation wan liao or that I'm too lazy to blog aledi.


It's because I'll be leaving for KL tomorrow.


And I'm informing you of this because I have this faint vision in my mind of people visiting my blog and seeing that I have no updates and then feeling so sad. It's like I make people's day with the entertainment I provide through blogging.


Okay. I'm beginning to sound like one of the ah-lian bloggers.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

We are starting to live in an ah-beng/ah-lian world, I tell you. Their popularity is rising and soon they might take over the world for all you know.



~You shall see.

No comments: